Fostering Assessment Service
FFI offers General Fostering and Section 36 Relative Care Assessment Service and has extensive experience in undertaking such assessments for a number of Tusla Areas.
FFI can undertake Relative Care Assessments for UK based local Authorities or other EU countries in line with Article 56 of EC Regulation 2201/2003.
FFI ensures all prospective foster carers have been subjected to rigorous assessment processes which safeguard vulnerable young people. Through detailed assessment, we identify high quality foster carers who have the essential skills, attitude, experience and empathy. We are committed to providing a strong and nurturing environment for children and young people.
Undertaking Fostering Assessments is a specific skilled social work task, so all of our assessors have a minimum of three years’ experience in this area, are CORU registered and Garda vetted with suitable references obtained in line with our company policy.
FFI undertake all assessments in accordance with the Child Care (Placement of Children in Foster Care) Regulations 1995, the National Standards for Foster Care 2003 and Tusla’s Foster Care Committees Policy, Procedures and Best Practice Guidance 2017.
In addition FFI will:
- Undertake any outstanding statutory checks, references as required by the Foster Care Committee
- Ensure that all Social Workers undertaking assessments have professional indemnity insurance cover
- Supervision of the Assessing Social Worker by the FFI Principal Social Worker or designate
- Provide updates on assessments as required to the identified liaison person
- Quality assure the Assessment Report
- Provide administrative support
- Attend and present the Assessment Report at the relevant Foster Care Committee
A funding agreement must be signed and returned to FFI in advance of any assessment commencing.
For further information please email email@example.com with Assessment in the subject bar.