Fostering in Westmeath
Welcome to the FFI fostering in Westmeath section.
Who is FFI?
Fostering First Ireland (FFI) is a non-statutory fostering agency, working in partnership with the HSE to deliver the highest quality fostering placements for children in care.
Since our formation in 2005, we have expanded our team of foster carers across Ireland, providing a service for fostering in Westmeath and beyond. We are based in Dublin, with support workers across Ireland, providing locally based support, training and assistance for our foster carers.
Fostering in Westmeath with FFI
If you’ve thought of fostering in Westmeath, we’d love to hear from you.
There’s currently a shortage of foster carers right across Ireland – including Westmeath – so we’re recruiting carers to provide stable, secure and supportive placements for children and young people in care.
Here’s what you can look forward to if you foster in Westmeath with FFI:
You’ll able to access a range of support service, including:
- 24-hour support, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- FFI Support Workers
- An assigned Link Social Worker
- A Therapist
- An Education Liaison Officer
Other useful information
It’s worth noting that FFI assess and appoint foster carers, who then require HSE approval before we can begin a placement. We are committed to making the application and assessment process as efficient as possible for you. Learn more about the process of becoming a foster carer.
There are also 5 key requirements that you need to satisfy in order to become a foster carer in Westmeath with FFI:
- You must have a spare bedroom in your home
- As the main carer, you need to be able to commit to fostering on a full-time basis. (Exclusions may apply. Contact an FFI fostering advisor on 1850 211593 or complete our enquire online form for further information)
- You must be over the age of 25
- You require a Full Driving License
- If you are fostering as a couple, you should have been in your relationship for at least 5 years
If you’d like to foster in Westmeath with FFI, please complete our enquire online form and tell us a little bit about yourself. We’ll then contact you to discuss your application and let you know a little bit more about fostering.
Your local FFI office
Fostering First Ireland,
Content © Fostering First Ireland 2013